Sunday, January 10, 2010

Valkyrie In The Making - Lickspittle

"You are going to look for your father?" Vali asked, interrupting Briggita's reverie.

"No. Not exactly." She replied, turning away from the window to look at Vali. "I'm going to find what he was looking for."

"You are going to the New Land?"

"Yes. I am sure he is not there, but perhaps I can succeed where he did not. If it is as good and rich as they say, I should be able to build a new life there."

"How do you plan on getting there? The boats to the New Land cost money."

"I have some coin. I can work for the rest." She said, grabbing her mug and swallowing down the rest of the mead, letting her excitement take over.

Vali looked around the tavern, and back at this young, adventurous girl, considering his options and reviewing his circumstances.

"I will accompany you." He blurted out.

"Oh no, I don't want you to give up your poetry. I can find my way just fine." She finished her mead and stood, intending to find Muninn and begin her journey. But when she stood her head felt heavy and began to spin. She swayed side to side until she fell forward into Vali's arms.

"I think perhaps we should discuss this once you get some rest. Come, you may sleep in my quarters." With this he picked her up and carried her up the stairs.

Outside, Muninn saw all of this. He flew to the ledge of the window that Brigitta had just been sitting at just in time to see Vali carrying her up the stairs.

No comments: